Thursday, February 25, 2010

Back in the Saddle

And we are back! 

Since my wife has become a vampire (and not the sparkly Twilight kind - she's out all night, comes home covered in blood, and doesn't seem to like the sun), I didn't get a chance to hit Facebook last night.  I logged in tonight knowing I need to do some catching up, but worried there would be no suggestions to follow.  Those worries were baseless - I made it through two sessions of friends and fanning things with no hitches.  Glad to see you back Facebook, where were you?

The fan pages are getting more and more obscure; I became a fan tonight of stuff that I'm not even sure what it is.  For instance, want to guess what "My Baby Vintage, Inc. - Christy Tharp" is?  Go ahead take a shot.  I'm looking at it's fan page and I still don't know what I'm looking at - trunk shows?  Huh?  Okay, I went to their website, and I think it's like a Tupperware party for children's clothes.  Their motto is "A piece of yesteryear for the hip child of today."  And apparently, yesteryear was all about the camouflage cargo pants.

I'm also now a fan of Holland "Master Caster" Striplin - who appears to be some sort of casting director for reality shows.  From the comments, it looks like casting is going full bore for the Biggest Loser.  An aside on that, I can NOT watch that show (not that I watch much TV anyway) - the weigh in takes like thirty minutes.

Host: Contest #2 you're weigh in is next, after this commercial.
*three commercials*
[Contest #2 approaches scale]
*two commercials*
[Contest #2 gets on scale, cut to shocked teammates, cut to]
*four commercials*
Host: Welcome back . . .

ARGH!  Just weigh them allready.  How can people watch that?

On the friend side, just more high school alumni - that well has to dry up at some point.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment