Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Houston - we need more suggestions.

I expected hiccups and problems to abound, but come on Facebook - you're stumped after a week and a half.  Seriously?  The good news is the experiment continues.  Let me expound on what's happening, however.

I logged onto Facebook and had one, ONE(!), measly suggestion waiting for me (a reconnection for those interested), but before I decided to deal with it, I answered a message that was waiting and a couple of friend requests.  When I returned to start handling suggestions, it was empty.  Yes, I was as shocked and outraged as you are right now.  Fortunately, I had two friend suggested groups/pages to check out.  So I happily decided that they were getting some of my unrequited love.  But then, lo and behold, a ray of sunshine came through my basement window, at 11 pm, and bounced off a wall or two to illuminate four new friend suggestions from Facebook sitting on the notifications page.

I have to pause here because, frankly, I'm absolutely befuddled at Facebook's motivations here.  If you had more friends to suggest, why are you hiding them up your sleeve?  Put them on my page, let me be more popular - why must you make me hunt for these things?  Why Facebook, why?

So, after a high school acquaintance I recognized, I went on to friend someone shooting me the double bird in their profile picture and then two people without profile pics whose names I honestly do not recognize at all.  So here I sit, with that double F! You! burnt in my retinas thinking about how low I'm sinking (after only ten days mind you) and wondering where this experiment will finally lead. 

For some reason I can't get that scene from Trainspotting out of my head (you know the one - if you don't, you still don't want to click that link) and the funny thing is, I've never even see Trainspotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment