Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oh Alma Mater, thee we hail . . .

Past couple nights, I've had to sneak up on Facebook to get it to give up the goods and hand over those sweet, sweet suggestions that I crave.  Each night, I've found suggestions in more unusual spots, but less and less on that front page.  I am confident that the more we plunge into this abyss, however, the more plentiful the suggestions will become.  Facebook has to be conglomerating what my friends are fans of and then suggesting those things and their friends to me.  If so, once it hits the tipping point, there will be more and more material for it to draw from and, hence, no need to hide suggestions from me.  Instead, they'll pour out of the status box like a stampede of lemmings heading for the cliff.

Speaking of lemmings, and the birds of prey that eat them, I've been friending a lot of WDHS Eagle Alumni so far and I'm starting to wonder when I'll hit the wall.  My graduating class was about 180 people, and I had already friended quite a few of them before I started this run.  Oh, I'm really curious how many I have friended at this point . . .

RESEARCH BREAK

Okay, I got up to the mid forties and then realized that I'm not even sure which of these people were even in my graduating class.  This is going to take some old fashioned book research.  Now where did I stash that yearbook?

No comments:

Post a Comment